Vumetric will support the TIAC for its Fintech work shop, with the objective of analyzing new and innovative technologies in an effort to better understand the impact on regulations, market efficiency and consumers in the financial sector.
Louis Morrisset, President of the AMF stated that :
“The financial sector is evolving at a swift rate and it is essential for the AMF to fully understand the implications of new technologies. The CCIT has added expert consultants to its think tank to better focus its actions regarding Fintech”
The 11 members of the board combine a vast amount of knowledge in several major fields which include mobile payments, distributed registries, automated management tools, financing platforms, sharing economy and Megadata. The mandate is for a length of 2 years and does not exclude other people from sitting on the committee.
The members of the AMF Technological Innovation Advisory Committee (TIAC)are :
- Patrick Chevalier, Associate, Consulting Director, Vumetric,
- Henri Dolino, Director, Digital Strategy and Innovation, Mouvement Desjardins
- Dominique Ferst, Associate Director, Ferst Capital Partners
- Jonathan Hamel, Vice President(Americas), Bit Trade Labs, and founder, Ethereum Québec
- Michael Holder, Chief Compliance Officer and legal consultant, Wealthsimple
- Alexandre Hovette, Associate Director and Regulation expertise center manager, Chappuis Halder & Co.
- François Lafortune, co-founder, CEO and Partner, Diagram / Power Financial Ventures
- Pascal Lefrançois, President, Inovestor
- Do Nguyen, co-founder , Realstarter
- Elisabeth Préfontaine, Head of Wealth Sales, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
- Imen Zitouni, Vice President, Digital Innovation and R&D, Intact Financial Corporation