Google Cloud Platform
Why is Google Cloud Penetration Testing Important?
How Hackers Can Breach Your GCP
The Google Cloud Platform shares various similarities when it comes to the risks users face in regards to cloud misconfigurations and potential angles of attacks hackers can use to breach your infrastructure. Here are some common methods used by attackers:
Our Google Cloud Cybersecurity Assessment Services
Types of GCP Exploits we Attempt
Need a Quote for Your Google Cloud Pentest?
Our Penetration Testing Process
We work with you to scope the project properly and make sure that your proposal meets your expectations.
Our specialists simulate the attack methodologies of today's most advanced hackers to identify your vulnerabilities.
A comprehensive report offering clear and practical advice on how to address each identified vulnerability.
The report is presented to your stakeholders to ensure full comprehension of our findings and recommendations.
Google’s authorization is not required in order to conduct Penetration Tests within the Google Cloud environment.
However, specific guidelines from Google must be respected to ensure that you are targeting the environment for which you are responsible to secure.
We have created a set of virtual images including all the necessary tools to perform a penetration test of the Google Cloud environment. This penetration test allows us to validate the security of elements specific to the Google Cloud infrastructure and to test various attack scenarios regularly used by hackers to penetrate through your security measures and exploit vulnerabilities.
Our specialists validate the security of elements specific to Google Cloud, such as:
• Escalation Controls for all members with access to your environment.
• Lack of privilege assessment and attempts to exploit to demonstrate what an attacker might do with this additional access.
• Analysis and exploitation of the Kubernetes engine configuration.
• Security mechanisms testing. (Can we get around your security controls? Can we perform malicious acts or exfiltrate data without being detected?)
• Best practices analysis: event logs / Stackdriver monitoring, encryption, built-in security tools, etc.
• Verifying your external perimeter from the inside to assess what should not be exposed to the public internet?
• Elevation of privileges and abuse between users / projects and organization.
• Revision of cloud configurations and code of cloud functions.
• Pivoting between cloud environments. (abuse of multi-cloud approvals)
- Executive summary presenting the main observations and recommendations.
- Vulnerability matrix prioritised by risk level.
- Vulnerabilities details including the following:
- Risk Level based on potential impact and exploitability.
- Fixes & Recommendations to fix the identified vulnerabilities.
- References to external resources to facilitate the implementation of our recommendations.
- Technical details such as screenshots, system traces, logs, etc.
- Appendix detailing complementary technical information.
- Methodology used during the project. (based on recognized standards)
More details regarding these 5 items you should find in a penetration testing report →
For each project, we will technically determine your requirements and set the time needed to complete the work. We will then provide a detailed proposal containing the necessary budget for the project and the efforts that will be made by our specialists within the project.
Get a Free Quote →
Our services are based on a complete methodology that we provide with each project proposal. This proposal describes the test steps and all the requirements to perform the test.
Our application penetration test methodology complies with OWASP standards, which is the industry standard for application security.
Tell us About Your Cybersecurity Needs
A specialist will reach out to: