Penetration Testing Services
What is Penetration Testing?
Vumetric is one of the most recognized pentest providers in Canada. Our range of ISO9001-certified penetration testing services helps organizations to effectively manage cybersecurity risk by identifying, safely exploiting, and helping to fix vulnerabilities that could otherwise lead to data and assets being compromised by malicious attackers.
Fixes vulnerabilities before they are exploited by cybercriminals
Provides independent validation of security controls & measures
Improves awareness & understanding of cyber risks
Supports PCI-DSS, ISO27001, SOC and 3rd-party compliance
Demonstrates a continuous commitment to security
Supplies the insight needed to prioritize security investments
Our Penetration Testing Services
Penetration Tests can be performed from various perspectives and target several types of components.
"Pentest for Startups" Program
Our Penetration Testing Process
We work with you to scope the project properly and make sure that your proposal meets your expectations.
Our specialists simulate the attack methodologies of today's most advanced hackers to identify your vulnerabilities.
A comprehensive report offering clear and practical advice on how to address each identified vulnerability.
The report is presented to your stakeholders to ensure full comprehension of our findings and recommendations.
Why Your Organization Needs a Penetration Test
We Provide Actionable Reports
Our reports contain actionable recommendations adapted to your business, including the following:
Evidence of their
Need a Penetration Test?
Any Questions Regarding Our Services?
Here are the main factors that can affect the cost of a penetration test:
- Scope of the project. (Nb. of targeted IPs, Nb. of features in the app, etc.)
- Performed in a production or development environment.
- Type of test. (Network, Application, SCADA, etc.)
- Testing approach. (Automated or manual approach)
- Objectives. (Compliance, best practices, etc.)
- Executive summary presenting the main observations and recommendations.
- Vulnerability matrix prioritised by risk level.
- Vulnerabilities details including the following:
- Risk Level based on potential impact and exploitability.
- Fixes & Recommendations to fix the identified vulnerabilities.
- References to external resources to facilitate the implementation of our recommendations.
- Technical details such as screenshots, system traces, logs, etc.
- Appendix detailing complementary technical information.
- Methodology used during the project. (based on recognized standards)
More details regarding these 5 items you should find in a penetration testing report →
For this reason, a communication plan will be put in place at the beginning of the project to prevent and mitigate any potential impact. A representative of your organization will be identified to act as the main point of contact to ensure rapid communication in the event of a situation directly impacting the conduct of your daily operations, or if any critical vulnerabilities are identified, for which corrective measures need to be implemented quickly.
- OSSTMM – Provides a scientific methodology for network penetration testing and vulnerability assessment to identify vulnerabilities from various potential angles of attack.
- OWASP – Aims to identify vulnerabilities within Web and Mobile applications. Provides over 66 controls to assess in totals to identify potential vulnerabilities within functionalities found in modern applications today.
- PTES – Highlights the most recommended approach to structure a penetration test. This standard guides testers on various steps of a penetration test including initial communication, gathering information, as well as the threat modeling phases.
Absolutely! Our services will provide evidence, through a technical report and an official attestation, that you have identified and successfully fixed any exploitable vulnerabilities within card processing systems and your external infrastructure, allowing your organization to comply with the PCI-DSS 11.3.x requirements.
Our services will provide evidence, through a technical report and an official attestation, that you conducted a professionnal penetration test with a recognized independant supplier.
Our pentest reports have helped organizations across all industries to successfully meet third-party security requirements. (Insurers, partners, providers, etc.)
A Trusted Partner For Penetration Testing
What Our Customers Say
Tell us About Your Pentest Needs
A specialist will reach out to: